My client are a leading business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. They are currently looking for an Application support Engineer to join them in Paris. You will be expected to provide support, development and application maintenance and be willing to bring pragmatic organization solutions.
As part of managing the market data referential of a large investment bank, you will have to:
- Resolve problems and deal with incidents related to market data lifecycle.
- Co-operate constantly with offshore teams (India, Singapore).
- Perform regular and periodical activities on the production follow-up.
- Deal with complex data treatment’s process.
- Extract and collect risks data (curves plots, surfaces, matrix)
- Insure coordination with BO and FO systems.
- Interact with external market data’s providers (Reuters, Bloomberg...)
- Be permanently in contact with application’s users (middle/back office and risks) located in Europe, US and Asia.
- Report precisely the activity and provide innovative solutions to improve service quality.
Expected experience and knowledge:
- You have a background in Information System or Software Engineering
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position, in a banking environment (preferably financing bank).
- Experience Asset Control would be beneficial
- Strong and relevant experience in Java Core (J2SE and J2EE)
- Strong skills on SQL (Sybase/Oracle)
- Strong knowledge on Shell Scripts (ksh) & Linux
- Strong skills on Serveurs/VM, ControlM and CFT
- Strong knowledge on data market referential and data market flows (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Market, Interactive Data) and Asset Class (IRD, Forex, Bonds, Credits, Derivatives data for VaR) would be a plus
- A functional expertise in mathematics would be a plus (interpolations, statistics and algorithms)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of cross group collaborative work and team spirit
- Desire to achieve results
- Fluent in French and English